Wednesday, 14 January 2015

BIRCHBOX UK January 2015


The past two BirchBoxes November and December were brilliant. I loved pretty much everything I received in them and the sample sizes were very generous and I am still using and enjoying the products, but this month sadly just didn't impress me.

The sample sizes this month seem very small. I got my box in the post this morning and have already managed to use 3 products up and I really didn't like them.

This month's box is in collaboration with Women's Health which is a magazine I have never read and have no intention in ever reading, I'm not into fitness and although this year I would like to improve my fitness and lose some weight this box which includes a Pilates band really doesn't inspire me much at all.

The product I was most excited to receive this month was the Stila Lip Glaze. I quite like the colour I was given but I think the packaging is very ugly and I'm not really a lipgloss wearer anyway since it's always windy in Leeds and theres nothing quite as annoying as getting your hair all stuck to your lips.
I've been wearing the Stila Lip Glaze for a few hours (indoors) and it feels quite comfortable I would like to try more things from this brand.

I've heard Ren products mentioned a lot so I was eager to try out the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask. The mask had a honey-like texture and colour and smelled like lollipops which I thought was very different to any face mask I'd ever tried before. While it was on I could feel my face tingling but after washing it off 10 minutes later my face was very sore and dry. As I suffer from eczema I know that not many skincare products work for me and I think this is one of those cases. I had to use a lot of moisturiser afterwards to calm my face down. I think that this product would work very well for somebody without a sensitive face and I am disappointed that it didn't work for me.

Overall I think this month's box just isn't very 'me' but I will use all of the products and hope for more makeup in February's box.

What did you get in your box this month?

BirchBox UK is a £10 a month subscription box. (+postage)

https://birchbox.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment